Driving under the influence is a common charge for Jacksonville residents. It is a very serious crime to be charged with committing. You can be charged with DUI if you are suspected to be driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs. This includes prescription drugs. If you face a DUI charge, make sure to speak to a criminal defense attorney jacksonville to learn your rights and get the representation that you need. Read below to learn five important reasons to speak to a lawyer and retain them to help in this troubling time.
1. DUI lawyers provide the legal expertise that you need in court when in front of the lawyer. Without this defense, you may not get the proper hearing that you deserve with dire consequences in the end.
2. Lawyers can help find witnesses, prepare a defense strategy and otherwise ensure that your voice is heard when it is time for you to go to court.
3. There is much greater peace of mind with the DUI charge knowing that a lawyer there to help in this dark hour. Jail is a scary experience and not one that you want to endure any time soon. An attorney can help make sure this doesn’t happen.
4. DUI convictions can and will turn your life upside down. An attorney makes sure that your life is not tossed upside down due to a DUI conviction.
5. Your freedom is on the line and this is reason enough to make sure that an attorney is there to keep you out of jail. An attorney helps keep you out of jail and in the free world where you want to be. Why would you take a risk when your life is at risk?